the responsibility of caring for your pet seriously,
you but, more importantly, for the welfare of your pet.
We understand that your pet is a member of your family
us with their safekeeping. Our goal is to make your furry/feathered/scaly,
family member(s) as comfortable and as happy as possible
while you are away. We hope that you enjoy having
pet(s) coddled by Coddled
Critters . If your
experience is satisfactory please feel free to refer us to your friends
and neighbors. If you have time, a letter of reference is always
appreciated. Here are our policies. If
you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Your comfort is
Critters Promises to:
unconditional love to your pet
excellent care to your pets and home
ourselves with with honesty and integrity
conscientious, thorough, dependable and helpful
and cuddle and care for your pet while you are away
do not condone (& will not participate in) physical punishment.
order to provide the best service, for you, your
pet and others, we have established the following policies:
AND CANCELLATION POLICY
prior arrangements have been made, payments for services may
be paid in full at the time of booking or on the first
day service begins
for new customers. See specific service sections for monthly
or block payments. Repeat Pet-Sitting customers have
the option of paying 50% at the time
begins, with the
balance due within 3 days of the completion of services. Bi-monthly
or monthly billing may also be arranged for frequent customers.
accept cash, checks (made out to Coddled Critters), and electronic-payments through Zelle (this is your bank's 'Send Money' service...I think not offered through credit unions) made to my phone number 281-728-9001. This is a VERY secure transaction as it is through your bank.
can only accept credit cards through PayPal. Please
set up an account with if
you are interested in using a credit card, this
is a secure site. Note you must add an additional 5%
convenience fee for using this payment method.
While tips are not necessary, they are ALWAYS appreciated.
to make prompt
charge of $10.00 or
10% of the total bill if the total bill exceeds $100.00
Hour notice is required. Cancellations made with less than
72 hour notice will be subject to a $25 cancellation
fee. Any key drop-off fees will still apply.
Cancellations made after 12 noon the day before
a service is scheduled, or a series of services
scheduled to begin, are subject to a $40 cancellation fee.
you are a KeyedPet client - then you only have to pay for a visit if you forget to cancel BEFORE we show up!
PAYMENTS & CANCELLATIONS Because Holidays
are generally a pet-sitters busiest time, and once we
are booked we will have to turn away additional clients,
some different policies and payment procedures apply.
FEES: There ARE additional fees for working on nationally recognized holidays including but not limited to: New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
$15 per visit
$25 on overnights
$45 on extended overnights
REQUESTS should be made as far in advance
of the date service
for as possible. We suggest at least a week's notice
but it is possible we may be able to accommodate
last minute requests for service. You should note
that we book up fast during busy times.
I will be happy to assist you in finding another
local pet sitter if I am unable to help you.
DAY SERVICE REQUESTS All services
booked the same day as service need to be
received within three
hours notice to be placed
on the schedule and are subject to an additional
surcharge of $5 per-visit for the 1st day. Any service booked
less than (3) hours
notice are subject
to an additional surcharge of $10 per-visit for the 1st day.
must be given 2 working keys at the time of the
consultation or you may give the sitter $5 to make
a copy for the
office. If there is an emergency
(storm, accident, illness, or the like) which prevents
the scheduled Pet Sitter from making it to your home,
this allows another Pet Sitter to retrieve the backup
key from the office and take care of your pet(s). Key
drop off/pick up charge of $10 will apply for those
not on our
If you choose
to participate in our KeyedPet Program, we will keep
both keys on file for future visits. You
may request the return of your keys at any time. There
is a $10.00 service fee, for returning your key,
if you choose to discontinue using the KeyedPet Program.
Program Sometimes your
work or busy schedule does not allow you a lot of notice,
or perhaps you are too busy and simply overlook making
a pet sitting reservation. For
added convenience many clients who travel
frequently choose to
leave their keys
in our care.
are safely stored in a locked box
in use. Keys are labeld with a code known
only to us;
never with your name or address. Keeping
keys on file with us allows for convenience
repeat clients book in-home services. Other
benefits of the KeyedPet Program include:
You may call or text Coddled Critters at any time to check on your pet.
Someone will respond to your call ASAP. This may take up to 24 hours.
2) Call, text or e-mail within the 48 hours before you leave to ensure there have been no human or computer errors with the scheduling.
3) Call, text or e-mail when you get back. TEXTS are usually BEST.
4) Always confirm your reservation with us. We can
not accept a message left as a reservation. If
you have made a reservation via e-mail, voice mail or text, it is
not considered confirmed until you receive a
reply stating it is. This ensures that we won't
miss your message and your pet won't be left
5) MINIMUM VISITS: DOGS with a dog door MUST have at least one (1) visit per day – without a dog door MUST have a minimum of two (2) visits per day – three (3) is recommended. CATS SHOULD have at least one (1) visit per day – you MAY sign a Waiver of Liability and opt for every other day visits. We will not do less than the minimum, please do not ask.
6) Payment for dog walking services is expected
weekly on the Monday of that week. Coddled
Critters reserves the right to refuse service for non-payment.
Services will continue as soon as payment is
7) Visit times are approximate and will vary according to daily schedules. Morning 8:30am-10:30am. Mid-Day 11am-1pm. Afternoon 1pm-4pm. Evening 7pm-9:30pm. Visits required outside normal business hours will incur additional per hour fees.
While we will make an effort to accommodate specific
time requests, please understand that due to
the nature of pet care, this may not always be
8) Petsits do not include walks. Dogs without a yard will be taken out to potty, but are not guaranteed more than a quick trip out. Extended walks and exercise walks may be added for additional fees.
Additional charges of $10 per hour (charged in full hour increments) will be incurred for visits required before 8:30AM or after 10PM.
Critters will allow for you to have
friends and/or family to come in to visit your
pet(s) but we are not responsible for any damages
incurred to your home or pet by said visitor.
PLEASE notify Coddled
Critters if there will
be anyone else having access to your home.
11) There will be a $10.00 delivery fee (pluse receipt cost) if petsitter
needs to pick up supplies for your pet. Please
remember to leave adequate (or more!) food, litter,
treats etc. for your pets needs.
12) UNSECURED PETS- Coddled
Critters will not
be held liable for free-roaming outdoor pets
(i.e. cats) in the event of illness, injury,
loss or death. It is strongly advised that all
pets wear an ID tag with a contact number and
that they remain inside the home or confined
for their own safety and welfare in your absence.
13) SECURED AREAS- It is the pet owner’s
sole responsibility to pet-proof any areas of
the home and/or property to which the pet has
access. This includes thoroughly inspecting fences,
gates, latches, doors and other devices meant
to keep pet inside of, or away from, any areas
pet may have access to. Coddled
not assume, and has no liability for, any injuries
the pet may sustain while in its own home/property.
14) EXCESSIVE WAIT TIME: If you do not provide us with access to your gated community, you will be billed for time we have to spend waiting to get in that is more than 5 minutes. You will be billed $5 per each 10min of wait time.
15) EXCESSIVE CLEAN-UP: $5 per each 10min of clean up time will be billed for excessive messes and/or accidents
16) Yard/Poop Cleanup: Please keep in mind that we are only responsible for scooping poop that occurs on our watch. We are not responsible for picking up a week or a month's worth of waste that occured before our services began. Even with daily services, we are not responsible for the waste that occurs when we are not there. If you would like for us to be resposible for said waste, we DO offer that as a service, for an additional charge, and will be happy to schedule you for regular clean-up services.
and leave your critters in good paws ----- ours !